Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary For April

comments for kids

Angie was the student that I was assigned to mentor in the Student Blogging Challenge. She is 11 years old, in year six, and lives in Australia. Angie started blogging a year ago, and loved it so much that she decided to enter the blogging challenge. I was really excited that I was assigned to Angie, she has commented back every time I have written to her! That was a first for me since starting Comments For Kids. Being a "beginner" blogger, it is a truly amazing feeling to communicate with people all around the world through blogging. Angie and I talked about the events leading up to her Easter break, which for her was the end of term 1. I found that she enjoyed supporting fundraisers for the children's hospital, which I thought was amazing. She also had a really touching post about Easter, and what it meant to her. I was really thrilled when she made her last post before her break where she mentioned myself, and another EDM 310 student on her blog. She wrote about how great it was to receive such nice comments from us, and how interesting our blogs were. That, for me , was a very rewarding feeling.

Daniel is a student in room 9 at Pt England School. Daniel was assigned to make a personal profile of himself to present to the class. I thought this was a great idea. Making a video of yourself is a great way for people to get to know you. It is much better than just writing down some things about yourself because it allows for you to show a bit of your personality. The greatest part is that the students are learning important ways to use technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment