Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blog Post #13

girl pulling hair out


NO E-MEDIA FAST FOR ME!
Not being able to use any electronic device is impossible for me. It is very difficult in a world where everything revolves around technology to avoid it. There are two things that were absolutely impossible for me to avoid, and that is the computer and the cell phone. Some of my other classes require daily use of a computer, so that was impossible to avoid. I also could not go an entire 24 hours without using my cellular phone. It was not for reasons such as facebook, etc... I have small children and have to be able to be reached for different reasons weather it's to make arrangements for someone to pick them up from school in the afternoons, or in case one of them get sick at school. 
Some media is a very important part of my every day life. Even though I was able to go without all of the other "banned" media, it was not easy. I realized that I have learned to use every media product in an educational way whether it is for me to learn with or for me to teach with. I knew that technology was something that was always changing, but to be honest, I did not realize how important it was going to be when it comes to education.
It is detrimental to the lives of our children that we enforce technology in the classroom. Everywhere you look, a child is listening to an ipod, playing on an ipad, laptop or portable game system. If we bring them into a classroom that only consists of books, pencils, and paper, they are going to be bored. We have to have passion about teaching, which means that we have to always be looking for and learning about new innovative ways to keep our kids engaged. 

1 comment:

  1. "It is detrimental to the lives of our children that we enforce technology in the classroom." I don't think this is what you meant to say. Myabe prohibit instead of enforce?

    Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete