Saturday, February 11, 2012

C4T #1

 Cool Cat Teacher Blog
Mrs. Davis
     My C4T was on Mrs. Davis. She is a teacher at Westwood High School in Georgia, and has won many awards for her blog. For my first comment, Mrs. Davis' post contained several links for lesson plans, and other helpful tools for teachers. There were two in particular that I felt I could relate to at this time. One was on 100 days of school, and the other was The Chinese New Year. The two of my children that are in elementary school just celebrated both of these things at their school. As a parent, it is interesting to see where teachers get ideas for their lesson plans.
     For my second comment, she posted about Mardi Gras. Again, she had links to lesson plans and information about Mardi Gras. She thought it would be neat for the kids to learn the history behind it. I told her where I was from, and that we celebrated Mardi Gras as well. I also told her that I was a member of Krew De La Dauphine, of Dauphin Island. I agreed that teaching the history of Mardi Gras was a great idea. I think that it is something the kids would have fun learning about!

No comments:

Post a Comment