Thursday, March 29, 2012

C4T #3


Do I Dare Disturb The Universe?
scantron and pencil
     Scott Elias is currently in his second year as the principal of Conrad Ball Middle School in Loveland, Colorado. Prior to coming to CBMS, he spent three years as an assistant principal at Loveland High School and two years as an assistant principal at Greeley West High School. He spent the first 9 years of his professional career in the Broward County School District in South Florida serving as an assistant principal, technology coordinator, and a teacher of math, statistics, and physics.
     For my first comment, Mr. Elias posted about the test scores at his school. He was not particularly happy with them, so he decided to establish a "Professional Study Group." He is against taking students out of P.E., art, etc..., and overloading them with the subject matter in which  the scores were lower. He wants something better for his school. I replied that it was refreshing to hear of such a thing. Usually, the only concern is to get the test scores up for the benefit of their pocketbook, instead of actually doing it for the children. I asked if he would respond and let me know how it was going, but I haven't heard back from him yet. 


PhocuseD 3: I'm doing this why?
     When I went back for my second comment, there had not been another post, so I looked through the older posts. I could not help but to comment on this one because I related to it so closely. It was about him getting his PhD. He talks about the difficulty, and how you can find so many reasons not to do it. Although I am not seeking a PhD at the time, I have found that returning to college after 10 years is not an easy task. It was nice to see someone speak honestly about their experience, it was actually quite encouraging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment