Thursday, March 29, 2012

C4K Summary for March


Tahibah
wordle     My C4K for March was Tahibah, from Bradford Schools, and was on the Miriam Lord 100 Word Challenge. This is where the students were given prompt words, and required to make up a story using the prompt words. My student wrote a wonderful story about a little girl named Ann who had a day off school and decided to take a nature walk and finds a spider. She then goes home, then has a dream where she uses the prompt words to describe the dream. It was actually very entertaining. I told her that it must have difficult to write a story knowing that you had to use certain words that had to be used. I also told her what a great job she had done. I think that that idea really made the children think and use their imaginations. I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment